Who is Served?
The target demographic is smallholder farmers that manage fewer than five hectares and live on less than $3.10/day.
What is Delivered?• Access to markets and higher prices via purchase contracts and price premiums
• Crop-focused technical assistance and basic financial management.
Why is it Impactful?
Household incomes increase and/or stabilize as smallholder farmers:
• Make better use of inputs
• Reduce post harvest loses
• Diversify their crops
• Increase and/or stabilize yields
• Obtain higher and/or more stable prices
How is it Sustained?
The agribusiness purchases products from smallholder farmers and sells to international or domestic buyers. The cost of technical assistance is funded by the enterprise’s sales margin.